søndag den 6. november 2016

It is Sunday, a day to worship.

It is Sunday, a day to worship our God and Savior Jesus Christ.
On Beccy's blog, the challenge to day is to make a card with the theme: A Christmas song.
I love Christmas songs. My all over favorite are Oh, Holy Night.
I though of making a card abt. that song - but no. Instead I choose a Swedish song, that have become popular in Denmark in recent years.
It is "Nu tændes tusind julelys". Listen here: Nu tændes tusind julelys
The lyric goes like this:

A thousand Christmas Candles Now


A thousand Christmas candles now
are lit upon the earth.
A thousand more in heaven glow
to honor Jesus' birth.

And over town and field tonight
the Christmas message flies,
that Christ our Savior and our God
in humle manger lies.

Oh star that shone in Bethlehem,
so radiant and so mild,
shine in to night with hope and peace
on hearth and home and child.

And may each heart that's sad and dark
be opened to Thy ray,
and may God's light and love reach in
apon this Christmas day.

Emmy Köhler



1 kommentar:

  1. I've never heard the song you mentioned Conny, what lovely lyrics to inspire your project. I love the lighted candle sitting on the window sill of your card, you did a wonderful job with the colouring. The embossing makes me think of falling snow. Well done!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    SvarSlet